Monday 30 July 2012

Rambling Rose @ Montagu







We were on our way to Warmwatersberg and made a stop in Montagu on R62, what a lovely drive! We had lunch in Rambling Rose and unfortunately, I left very disappointed. This may be my first red flag on a restaurant.

The place is lovely, beautifully setting and everything I expected from a farm stall restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and helpful and the owner even helped us with our later braai ideas!

However the food was not tasty for majority of our table, we were a group of 8 and only one person enjoyed the food. I ordered the prego roll with salad, the meat had a very strong alcohol taste with no other flavors. Same as the beef stew they had, surprisingly blend with alcohol tasting, we did not finish that. The chicken and mushroom pie was equally bad and the presentation was so lovely! What a shame.

I would give this place a 4/10. I left the place very upset, maybe I should have order the waffle to make up for it? Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...